Use Things Around Your Home as Your “Home Gym”.
As home once again becomes the center of our activity, health officials remind us to stay active, and continue to enjoy the outdoors even as the weather shifts. Regular exercise or activity can have a major impact on mental and emotional health, can relieve stress, improve memory, and help you sleep better.
1. Walk up and down the stairs. A quick 10-minute workout of walking the stairs at a moderate pace can result in a calorie burn of 3.5 to 7 calories per minute, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
2. Do stair step-ups for glute and upper leg strength.
3. Use water jugs for biceps curls, overhead shoulder presses or as added resistance when doing squats.
4. Grab a chair. Place your hands on the edge of the seat and lower your hips towards the ground and back up. It’s great for strengthening the backs of arms (triceps).
5. Push-up from the kitchen counter. It’s easier than doing push-ups on the floor.
6. Use a wall for wall sits. Place your upper back on the wall and slide down the wall so your legs are in a 90-degree angle. Hold the sitting position for 30 to 60 seconds.
7. Load a backpack with water bottles to add intensity to exercises.
Looking to buy or sell a property in the Vancouver area? Please contact Pam Allen – 604-790-8464